Welcome To Sports Science Gh
What is Sports Science?
To understand Sports Science Gh, let’s start with what sports science is about. Sports and Exercise Science is a scientific field that studies physiology, psychology, motor control/learning, and biomechanics and their relationship to sports performance, health, and well-being.
Sports science explains how a healthy human body functions during exercise and how sport and physical activity can improve physical, mental, and social health.
When it comes to Exercise and Fitness, Wellness, Human body performance, Sports performance, and Preventive health services, the Sports and Exercise Scientist is the specialist.
The image below gives you a summary of what sports science entails.
About Sports Science Gh (Who are we)?
We are a group of Sports Scientists and Clinicians, who specialised in Preventive Health and Sports Performance. The team consists of Exercise physiologists, Dietitians/nutritionists, Physiotherapists, Strenght and Conditioning Coaches, Athletic Trainers, and Performance Analysts.
What do we do at Sports Science Gh?
We help all individuals, families, corporations and athletes to achieve optimum health and improve physical performance, through exercise and appropriate nutrition. Our service includes but is not limited to the following (Since movement science is still evolving):
1. Weight Management (Weight loss and Weight gain)
2. Exercise and Nutrition for the elderly
3. Management of Stroke, Diabetes, Hypertension and Arthritis with Exercise and Nutrition
4. General Fitness and Strenght Training
5. Athletics Training
6. Performance Analysis for Individual Athletes and Team Sports
- Make the integration of wellness and fitness into individual lives easy and affordable
- Reduce the prevalence of non-communicable diseases such as Obesity and Diabetes through our services.
- Promote Ghanaian and African indigenous games, and modify some of them to become competitive sports.
- To make the Ghanaian and African sports competition attractive to the international world.
To make wellness and fitness services easily accessible and affordable, and make the Ghanaian/African games and sports competitions attractive.